Estate & Retreat
- $35 with complimentary entrance to Satuday night concert
- $250 get a complimentary 4 people share room
- $300 get a three people share room
- $500 get a two people share or a couple's room
- $1000 get a single private room
WHO: This course is for anyone wanting to understand different philosophies and evidence-based habits that are correlated with general well-being and happiness. While everyone is welcome, this course may be especially suited for people in direct service and helping professions like therapists, social workers, life coaches, holistic counselors, doctors, psychologists, and educators.
WHAT: Bring the science of happiness to life with this intensive course that explores seven research-based habits of well-being: relationships, caring, flow, health and wellness, positive mindset, spiritual engagement and meaning, and strengths and virtues. Learn about the latest research on happiness in a setting that encourages self-exploration and critical inquiry. Discover concrete tools and strategies to cultivate habits that research shows to correlates with improved well-being and/or decreased anxiety and depression. Explore how to use these practices in your personal life, profession, and communities.
WHEN: The course will be held from Sunday August 16th (arrival by 5:00pm) to August 23rd (12:00pm on Sunday).
WHERE: Eastover Estate and Retreat, located in the beautiful Berkshires on 600 acres of unspoiled natural beauty with inspiring views.
WHY: Increase your happiness and improve the well-being of those around you by:
- Cultivating positive interpersonal relationships in your personal and professional life
- Exploring and designing ways to help others in your communities, families, and/or organizations
- Discovering new and existing activities that bring you greater fulfillment
- Understanding the relationship between physical, emotional, and mental health
- Learning tools and strategies for cultivating optimism, gratitude, and mindfulness
- Discovering and clarifying your sense of purpose or greater meaning in life
- Identifying and using your character strengths for the greater good
HOW MUCH: Tuition for this course is $495 plus Eastover's all inclusive week-long retreat – Eastover rates differs according to room selections. Visit the website here to view our all inclusive package options:
The Pursuit-of-happiness.org (POH) was one of the first websites on positive psychology and well-being. POH is a group of educators, designers, social scientists, and businessmen constructing a multimedia educational platform that provides clear, concise, and research-based information on the history and scientific study of human happiness, positive psychology, and well-being. Through its website resources and its variety of on-site, online, and hybrid courses, POH provides science-based information on the skills needed to build resilience against depression and anxiety and pursue a meaningful, thriving, and flourishing life.