Relax and Rejuvenate
You can spent a 7 day week with us for less than $700 including food, accomodation, and complimentary classes. Come April 25th, you are not only going to be enticed by our delicious food, your ears and heart will be pumping with our finest Jazz Trio
You can spent a weekend, a week, or a month with us and feel real life, here is some highlights:
- Saturday Jazz Trio with world knowned musicians lead by Peter Primamore
- Saturday Iyengar Yoga from 4 - 5:30pm
- Saturday Mindfulness meditation with Dr Andrew Vidich at 7:30pm (may adjust time)
- Cooking classes with Chef Helmut Echart (extra cost)
- Guided kayaking or beaver watching ($50 kayak rental fee) with Hilary Bashara on the Housatonic River along Eastover's 600 acre forest, letting nature heal and inspire you
"It is essential sometimes to go into retreat, to stop everything that you have been doing, to stop your experiences completely and look at them anew, not keep on repeating them like machines. You would then let fresh air into your mind. Wouldn’t you? This place must be of great beauty with trees, birds, and quietness, for beauty is truth and truth is goodness and love."
-------- J. Krishnamurti
Hilary Bashara,RN, BSN, Owner and operator of Berkshire Canoe and Kayak Tours.
Berkshire Canoe Tours is a family owned and operated business that takes you, your family and your friends for a relaxing, fun filled guided canoe trip on the Housatonic River. Enjoy the unspoiled beauty of the meandering river and the nature that surrounds it . The abundant wildlife and spectacular plant life awaits you and your camera. The ever-changing flora and fauna may include red-tail hawks, owls or Canadian Geese; tall cottonwoods, sycamore, cinnamon ferns and spicebushes. Beavers, muskrats, Great Blue Heron, Kingfishers and the plentiful painted turtles are spotted regularly on tours. Each trip runs approximately 1 ½ - 2 hours.
Get Away From It All and Find It All
From the peace and solitude of a private 600-acre estate to the Boston Symphony Orchestra and Jackson Browne… from hiking trails and mountain streams to the world-renowned Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival… from daily yoga and qi gong classes to world-class theater and film festivals...end your day by luxuriating in Eastover’s indoor heated swimming pool, sauna or hot tub. There is something for everybody year round.
You can begin and end your day – or spend the entire day – on Eastover’s spacious grounds, spending quiet moments in the Japanese and English gardens, enjoying delicious natural cuisine and socializing in our Café/Bistro. Choose from a variety of daily movement classes and weekly workshops, ink brush calligraphy practice, outdoor activities and spa services, or make use of our amenities: indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and Wimbleton-style clay tennis courts… all against the backdrop of Mt. Greylock, October Mountain and the Appalachian Trail. Your time can be as structured or as unstructured as you desire.
Eastover Estate & Retreat offers a unique and affordable getaway: beginning with two-night stays to week-long workshops. Eastover is located in the cultural center of the Berkshire Mountains – and only minutes away from Tanglewood Music Center, Shakespeare & Company, Jacob’s Pillow Dance, the Norman Rockwell Museum and many other popular venues.
Our Daily R&R prices include:
- Ginger tea and other teas served in the Mansion Terrace Cafe all day long
- Three Activity Opportunities each day including movement classes, hiking, current lectures and workshops
- Indoor Heated Pool
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Access to the beautiful grounds of Eastover and hiking trails
- Optional guided kayaking or beaver watching ($50 additiional rental fee) with Hilary on the Housatonic River along Eastover's 600 acre forest
Our meals are served a la carte for our R&R guests. If you would like to enjoy our gourmet meals served by our award winning chef please let us know 48 hours prior to your arrival. You can purchase a full day meal pass for a low price or enjoy them when you can for an a la carte price:
Full Day Meal Pass
A la Carte price
R & R Reservations Payment/Cancellation Policy:
- A deposit of $300 is required at the time of booking
- Should you need to cancel, all monies will be refunded in full (less a $50 processing fee)if you cancel 14 or more days prior to your arrival date. If you cancel with less than 14 days prior to your arrival date you will forfeit your deposit.
Eastover reserves the right to cancel a program at any time.
Here is what a 2-night stay with us could look like:
Day 1 / Check-in:
5.00pm Tour of Eastover
8:00pm Orientation/Healing Arts Intro including MELT, when required
6:30am: Self-guided Meditation
7:00 - 8:00am: Yoga/Qigong/MELT
7.30 - 9:00am: Breakfast (Silent)
9:00am - Noon Choice of: Healing Arts: Hiking, Kayaking or Sample a Workshop
12:00 - 1:30pm: Lunch
3:00 - 5:30pm: Choice of Healing Arts: Hiking, Kayaking, or Tour of Eastover
5:30 - 6:30pm: Yoga/MELT
5:30 - 7:00pm: Dinner
6:30am: Self-guided Meditation
7:00 - 8:00am: Yoga/MELT
7:30 - 9:00am: Breakfast (Silent)
9:00am - noon: Choice of Healing Arts, Kayaking, Yoga, Hiking, Juicing and Health, brush ink grinding as Meditation, Intro on Learning Chinese for Alzheimer’s Prevention.
1:00pm: Check Out
12:00 - 1.30pm: Lunch
Departure - or - Stay another day and deepen your relaxation, broaden your knowledge.
Some Sample Workshops
- Heart Link with Integrated Energy Therapy
- Calling in the Directions - Creating Sacred Space
- Sound Healing Introduction & Experience
- Journey to Find a Power Animal
- Intro on Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture by Lonny Jarrett
- Positive Psychology and Emotions
Additional A la Carte Activities Include:
Healing Arts Services
Private Lessons in a range of modalities including Yoga, Tai Chi and MELT
Guided Kayaking ($50 rental fee) and Hiking